Marijuana has been readily available these days in our society, the general consensus in the population that it’s not harmful, and it’s a safe thing to use. Now we have some major studies that extensively examined the association of Marijuana use with some serious problems in the mouth. Here is the list I copied from the American Academy of General
Dentistry Impact publication:
- Loss of the bone supporting teeth in the mouth.
- Tooth decay, and tooth loss.
- Tooth staining.
- Dry mouth (which contribute to decay and gum tissue inflammation)
- Gingivitis, and periodontitis.
- Gingival hyperplasia (increase in the size of the gum tissue).
- Gingival Leukoplakia (precancerous).
- Increase appetite for cariogenic foods and drinks.
- Oral Cancer.
- Oral candidiasis (fungal infection).
- Possible peripheral dilatation and tachycardia associated with Marijuana toxicity when an anesthetic is given.